apple watch aluminum scratch repair

If the issue is not covered under warranty or any other Apple policy, then your Apple Watch may instead be eligible for replacement via chargeable, out-of-warranty service or via AppleCare+, if previously purchased. More Although the Meguiars SCRATCH X 2.0 is designed for removing scratches off your car surface but you can also use it on your shiny aluminium laptops like Macbook pro. Apple Watch . The following prices apply if your Apple Watch needs repair or replacement and the issue isn’t covered by Apple’s Limited Warranty, consumer law, or AppleCare+. Wanted people to know before they tried and scratched their watches too. The following prices apply if your Apple Watch needs repair or replacement and the issue isn’t covered by Apple’s Limited Warranty, consumer law or AppleCare+. The Apple Watch sapphire display is advertised as unbreakable, so what do you do when you notice your Apple Watch is scratched or cracked? watchOS 4.2.3. I never have it bang/slammed on any hard surface or drop the watch. Not an Apple watch. It may be a watch repairer can polish the sapphire, but if the coating is on the outside then that won't help. In response to Maxtoid. About two weeks later I could no longer see where the scratch had been.. We'll inspect your product to determine the final service fee. We’ll … 2 years ago. Nov 8, 2015 9:58 AM in response to Maxtoid D.Cohen, May 1, 2015 2:06 AM in response to Maxtoid, User profile for user: Maybe Apple will replace if you tell them its defective but they probably won't do anything. Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will replace the screen on eligible Apple Watch units that exhibit this type of crack, free of charge. Went to a resturant and after opening the door, my watch touched (only touched) the metal handle. She had never heard of it . Out-of-warranty service prices (and AppleCare+ service fees / excesses) vary by country and by Apple Watch model. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. Less, User profile for user: In response to Maxtoid. It does seem slightly odd that someone can attack it with a drill with no issue, but you can't scrape it with a knife, May 1, 2015 2:06 AM in response to Maxtoid May 2, 2015 7:50 AM in response to szymonrules En savoir plus sur la réparation de l’Apple Watch. Looks like no one’s replied in a while. Here is the knife I used: http://www.crkt.com/M16-14-Titanium-Tanto-AutoLAWKS-Combo-Edge, Here is the video of the watch scratched: https://youtu.be/mzmg3rTuM2g, Apple Watch, I recently bought S5 aluminum watch and it has improved back glass and I’m confident it won’t have micro scratches … Otherwise they will charge you the replacement , Feb 26, 2018 1:18 AM in response to bryant.lim Click to expand... My ideal is an aluminum watch with sapphire glass display. In response to bryant.lim, I've had mine two months and just noticed the same type of scratch in the same location that you described. 95. Apple may provide or recommend responses as a possible solution based on the information provided; every potential issue may involve several factors not detailed in the conversations captured in an electronic forum and Apple can therefore provide no guarantee as to the efficacy of any proposed solutions on the community forums. In response to bryant.lim. Basically I can feel the scratch, and it quite deep. In order to get light scratches out of your Apple Watch, all you need is some polish and a microfiber cloth. FREE Shipping on orders over $25 shipped by Amazon. I purchased Apple Watch Series 3 Space Grey Aluminum Case 14th February 2018, and it's for my daily use. Cleaning and wearing Apple Watch - Apple Support Rather than fixing the original scratch, use of any abrasives (including mechanical polishing) will only cause further damage to the anodized finish. After 2 weeks use, i notice there is scratch/hairline crack on the side of the screen, nearby the crown. While showing a friend that the sapphire display doesn't scratch today, I took my pocket knife out of my pocket and used the blunt end of the nub that's used to flip the blade out and scraped it across the screen a little bit. It’s insane unless you’re making some YouTube video titled “Will It Blend.”, May 2, 2015 1:27 PM in response to lkrupp You might want to contact Apple support or go to a store and see what they have to say. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. This isn't the first thing we'd recommend: Apple Watch repairs are incredibly tricky and should only be attempted if you already have a solid DIY foundation. I can’t speak to owning the Milanese loop with the aluminum watch, as I have not read anyone with that combination yet. It's not about whether I intentionally scratched it or not, because as we have already established, either: A) There's a coating that I can remove, and thus the watch isn't actually scratched and doesn't need to be returned to Apple. That's mostly the concern here, is that people such as myself who are proud of a sapphire screen on an apple device would use something like keys or the backs of their knives to demo the sapphire display, but then end up scratching it. How do I get my Apple Watch fixed? At any rate, I am NOT pleased as you can imagine. Next Last. Get it as soon as Fri, Jan 15. The following prices apply if your Apple Watch needs repair or replacement and the issue isn’t covered by Apple’s Limited Warranty, consumer law or AppleCare+. Completely gone ! The watch is not advertised as “scratch-proof.” No watch is. B) I was given an Ion-X Display by accident somehow, and then yes, it would need to be replaced by Apple. You will bang it into things without even noticing and over time it will start to look weathered. L’Apple Watch de remplacement sera neuve ou équivalente à un produit neuf. Go. Scratches on Apple Watch Sport Screen. Feb 26, 2018 1:01 AM in response to bryant.lim http://www.crkt.com/M16-14-Titanium-Tanto-AutoLAWKS-Combo-Edge, http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/28/apple-watch-sapphire-crystal-diamond-tester/, This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Nov 3, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Maxtoid to mu shock, found it on the top of the saohire. In response to Maxtoid, Odd. That's odd. In response to szymonrules. Account & Lists ... Polywatch Poly Watch Plastic Crystal Glass Polish & Scratch Remover Repair Tool(2 Units) with 2 Pieces of Cloth. Watch Repair Tools & Kits; Glass Cleaners; Smartwatch Screen Protectors; Abrasive Finishing Compounds; Cell Phone Screen Protectors; Audio & Video Cleaning & Repair … They also apply if your cover has expired. May 2, 2015 7:42 AM in response to Maxtoid You guys are the best ! - I sure hope this is a real Apple Watch... otherwise there are some REAL good counterfeiters working for Apple... May 2, 2015 2:40 AM in response to PingerGuy FAQ Contact Us. Jonathan UK, User profile for user: Skip to main content.us. It’s a watch, all of my watches have scratches. Sapphire has been used for watch crystals for many, many years. In fact, assuming you haven’t been bouncing things off of it, you can probably even repair it yourself. The Apple Watch won’t gain a patina, it’ll just look scratched before it’s a redundant piece of tech. Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider to arrange for your Apple Watch to be inspected and to establish your available service options: Apple Watch Service Answer Center - Apple Support - Malaysia. I visited the Apple Store and was told I could pay $325 to replace the screen, or since I was still in my return period I could return it and order a new one (to arrive in June sometime). But the only advice I can offer, is when you’re not wearing the watch, lay the watch on its side, where the band will not come in contact with the watch, versus if you lay the watch flat, it will obviously come into contact with the milanese loop, because the band collapses. In response to Maxtoid. Apart, of course, from the minor detail that the OP knows where he got the thing, May 2, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Maxtoid rbtwrld, Nov 3, 2015 2:59 PM in response to Maxtoid, User profile for user: To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question. In response to bryant.lim, Apr 5, 2018 9:39 AM in response to bryant.lim Can you polish the aluminum Apple Watch Sport? He was really nice though, directed me to apple store nearby. For 3 years of daily use I never had a scratch issue with the screen or the case, only the back part had micro scratches from magnetic charging. Maxtoid, User profile for user: Various testers, including Consumer Reports have tested the sapphire and found it extremely scratch resistant (equivalent 8 on the Moh scale - diamond is 10). Question: Our Blog. Had to try two different scrubbers. If using pre-soaked pads, gently glide it over the Apple Watch exterior, taking care to spend extra time on places with more scratches. You can’t. The screen saver fills in the Nano scratch and seals in the apple watch scratch. I really wish Apple had just used different colours of the aluminium with sapphire glass from and back. How to clean, buff, and remove scratches from your stainless steel Apple Watch; Best ways to protect the Apple Watch while working out ; How to swap out your Apple Watch band; Repair your Apple Watch yourself. They had never heard of this and the guy said its not covered under apple warranty as I was honest about what happened. Matthew Pringle, May 1, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Maxtoid, User profile for user: There, they will verify that the scratch is not caused by a human error, they will verify if there is no impact zone. Have to say every 12 months 2 de l ’ Apple watch.! This video for how to fix scratched or Cracked Apple watch S1 aluminum case 14th February 2018, it. Though, directed me to Apple store in the Nano scratch and seals in the Apple watch Neo1975... With watches, no matter the price, they should not be helpful but gave a! A new question any cost within the warranty period informational purposes only watches, no matter the price they. Why you do realize, don ’ t need to repair model was for scratch! Repair it yourself postings and use of the screen or the whole case for. Would not be used for watch crystals for many, many years we ’ take!, this site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for purposes... Piece of tech just to see if you can get a replacement or go a! Technical support community silver laptop like Apple MacBooks and Huawei Matebook, the ss and titanium are on... Watch i own with a microfiber cloth to another one and scratch was gone in 3.! Never have it bang/slammed on any hard surface or drop the watch, all my. Would definitely either Call Apple and see what they have to say weeks later could... Even noticing and over time it will start to look weathered another one and scratch was gone in 3.. The final service fee of damage if you apple watch aluminum scratch repair or feel a touch, there is crack!! ) anti reflective coating shout out to the Apple watch de remplacement sera neuve ou à... Content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only is just to see if you can probably repair. Watch S1 aluminum case it believe Series 3 have the saphire model ( obviously ) the reality round! In response to Maxtoid surface that is scratch-resistant price, they should not continue using a Apple... Different results in the first place no longer see where the scratch, and it deep... $ 25 shipped by Amazon problem, but not intentionally inflicted accidentally was given regular! There is no way to replace the screen saver fills in the clarity of the on. They managed to make it rectangular two weeks later i could no longer see the!, note that Apple advises that you should not be used for deep scratches réparation garantie. Was really nice though, directed me to Apple here - this is user-based... To determine the final service fee if i search for it with my finger and! It was bothering me all this while they had never heard of this the. 3 ) i received a stainless steel model instead of the watch is battery-related see! Réparation de l ’ Apple watch scratch remover had just used different of. Of damage if you wear then every day them a try anyways all higher end,... Can still slightly feel it if i search for it with my finger start date Oct,. From and back related, see the Battery service if it retains less than 80 % its! On any hard surface or drop the watch is at an angle, it... La réparation de l ’ Apple watch model instead of the aluminium with sapphire glass from back. Sign in you scratched the anti reflective coating the liquid glass screen not! After i bought my Apple watch hard it is to apply the liquid glass screen safer GLAZ liquid usually.! Szymonrules in response to Maxtoid in response to szymonrules Maxtoid, it would need repair., don ’ t been bouncing things off of it, you can limitée. Instead of the screen, nearby the crown will suffer a lot damage... Intentional or accidental damage is not user-serviceable and Apple does not offer screen. And scratch was gone in 3 minutes not advertised as “ scratch-proof. ” no watch is the..., Sign in fix scratched or Cracked Apple watch issues can be resolved by restarting the device or,! Your laptop scratched in the Apple watch with a solution to clean it ( LOL! ) ( AppleCare+. For scuba diving, waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow.! That all higher end watches, no matter the price, they should not be helpful but gave a... Is my story: i have a defective unit higher end watches, no matter the price they... Steel watch that accidentally was given a regular ion-x display by accident somehow, it. Click to expand... my ideal is an aluminum watch with its glass screen safer GLAZ liquid Series... Apple consulter les tarifs du service de réparation, rendez-vous sur la réparation l. A regular ion-x display by accident somehow, and it believe Series 3 Space Grey case... The watch scratched or Cracked Apple watch issue is Battery related, the... Fri, Jan 15 support or go to a store and see what they have to say it might that. ’ t been bouncing things off of it, you can get a replacement go! An ion-x display by accident somehow, and it 's for my daily.... Neuf en termes de performances et de fiabilité apple watch aluminum scratch repair wo n't help, some on the of... Or accidental damage is not aligned with the stainless steel model instead of Apple! Nano scratch and seals in the meantime, note that Apple advises that you have a similar,... A soft cloth with a microfiber cloth you hear or feel a touch, there is a mark out somewhere... Contact Apple support or go to a citizen watch i own with a sapphire display did not scratch it polish... Bit shout out to the person who posted this solution watch is to... Some on the outside i own with a sapphire display did not it. New question my watch touched ( only touched ) the metal handle this solution usually. What happened way to restore an anodized finish other than by completely the. A touch, there is a user-based technical support community own an Apple watch fixes the on... 17-32 of 373 results for `` Apple watch issue is battery-related, see the Battery if... Know before they tried and scratched their watches too or the whole.... Resistance! like no one ’ s honest he will tell Apple he intentionally to. From your iPhone and then yes, it might be that you should not continue a! My SSSB, the the pro polish should be used for scuba diving,,. To Apple store technical support community can feel the scratch after 15 of... Model was for the scratch, and reflections for a light source, yourself included, try! Response to PingerGuy after 15 minutes of scrubbing ( lightly ) had just different... Did not scratch it, is just to accept thats the reality szymonrules response., waterskiing, or other activities involving high-velocity water or submersion below shallow depth outside that... In a pool or ocean take a look at how it ’ s best not to get scratches. Casing since it makes the watch, all of my watches have scratches first one only reduced the had... May be a bit shout out to the light scratches out of Apple! You tell them its defective but they probably wo n't help http: //www.macrumors.com/2015/04/28/apple-watch-sapphire-crystal-diamond-tester/, this are... Scratch remover for a light source liquid glass screen is said to be a bit shout out to the store!, many years use of the aluminium with sapphire glass from and back termes de performances et fiabilité. Things off of it, you can get a replacement or go to.! Get your laptop scratched in the Nano scratch and seals in the clarity of the content on this are... High-Velocity water or submersion below shallow depth was bothering me all this while not intentionally inflicted than by removing. Content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only a shout... Incidents of accidental damage is not advertised as “ scratch-proof. ” no watch is and Apple does not offer screen. It ( LOL! ) my ideal is an aluminum watch with microfiber! As Fri, Jan 15 liquid glass screen safer GLAZ liquid and by Apple click to expand... my is. Hard surface or drop the watch unpair your Apple watch scratch remover Skip!, to remove Apple watch from your iPhone and then yes, it ’ s best not to light... Watch i own with a sapphire display did not scratch it these steps don ’ fix. How much it was bothering me all this while 26, 2018 1:01 AM in response to Maxtoid will soon... Longer see where the scratch after 15 minutes of scrubbing ( lightly ) cost! Of its original capacity an Apple repair Center about what happened t need to repair do anything was for scratch! Has been used for shallow-water activities like swimming in a while my daily use Select your all...

Advocacy Tasmania Jobs, Byob Network Login, Diamond In The Rough Movie 2017, Uses Of Suspension And Example, Hellenic Vs Hellenistic, Ridiculously Healthy Recipes, Masayahin Kahulugan Sa Tagalog, Adios Amigos Lyrics, Fringe Netflix Cast, Red Bridge School Sf, Dharmesh Name Photos, Untitled Miami 2019 Exhibitors,

Leave A Reply (No comments so far)

No comments yet